Dealing with that guy
At some point you’re probably going to meet that guy on the road. So how should you handle it? Here are some helpful tips:
- Try to get out of their way as soon as you can safely.
- Distance yourself as much as possible.
- Don’t challenge them.
- Do not attempt to match their speed.
- If your being tailgated, signal and change lanes to let them pass. Don’t aggravate them more by blocking them from passing.
- If you can do it safely, Call 911 to report an aggressive driver.
- Give the police a good description of the aggressive driver’s vehicle, the license number and the direction it’s heading in.
- Always buckle up because you never know what may happen if someone cuts you off or you have to make a defensive driving maneuver to avoid an aggressive driver.
- Avoid eye contact.